Screencast

How can I learn difficult vocabulary?

Introduction

Welcome to my Youtube Chanel! My name is Éléonore Jacques.

We all want to succeed at school, right? Of course, we do. But there are so many obstacles to overcome.

I’m in my last semester at Ahuntsic College. My field of study is Social Sciences. I’ve been in the international studies program for about 2 years now. In this program we study economy, history, anthropology, politics, law, and more. For me, I’m interested more in my Law classes because I’m going to UQAM next years in law. So, I am really motivated to improve my vocabulary.

In one mouth I was able to learn 20 words associated in my study field.

My goal is to learn 20 words each month to prepare myself for university next year.

Get ready to follow my step by step tutorial on how I was able to learn 20 new words associated with my study field.

You'll be amazed by what is coming next.

The Problem

In this field we use a lot of specifics words that we are not used to say in a day-to-day conversation. So, we need to familiarize with many words to be able to communicate and understand all the technical terms that we are using in our class and will be using in our future careers.

So, with many words and terms to know in my future career witch is a lawyer, I need to know a lot of specifics' terms in French and in English. In Montreal, we learn to be a lawyer only in French, but the reality is that I will have client that only speaks English. So, I need to learn English terms by myself.

With all this information I know that it can look difficult. But don’t worry. I have found the solution. In the next few minutes, I’ll show you exactly how to make a glossary to help you learn new works in English.

The Quest

When I found Virtual Writing Tutor, I started to practice English words related to my field of study using a field-related glossary. First you need to have Internet and write the website into the address bar. You will arrive on the website mainly page

Go on the navigation menu and click on “writing tools” The writing tools are first
The hypertext Narrative Creator: Create game-like stories with multiple endings.
Essay Outliner: Create the skeleton of an argument essay.
Glossary creator: create talking bilingual dictionaries.
Screencast script creator: prepare a video tutorial.
Career summary creator: create a robot to answer questions about your career.
Listicle creator: write list-articles to sell products.
Job interviews script creator: Create a robot to help you prepare for a job interview.
And more.The Virtual Writing tutor can also Check your grammar, punctuation, word count, can give you your score in an essay automated and can give feedback on your writing.

The Solution

So, to use the virtual writing tutor glossary here’s what you have to do :

First login.

On the navigation bar click on writing tools and select in the drop-down menu glossary creator

Write the title of your new glossary in the text area and click new glossary

Add your topic and click save. Write an introduction and click save. Enter your first item by clicking on the edit button and type in the word you wish to define. Identify the part of speech, is it a noun or a verb for example. Add an audio file to pronunciation by clicking on the speaker you can hear it and save it. You can add a definition click on go for a definition from Google. Copy the definition and go back to the editor paste it. Put it in sentence case and save. Add a picture to your glossary. Click on go, and you can get a free picture from Wikimedia. Choose the writ picture and copy the file URL. Add a translation. Click go, copy paste and save. You can add a sentence to demonstrating how to use the word on lex tutor you have a number of different concordances that you can choose from let's try academic general type in the word you're looking for and click get concordance to see examples sentence it may take a minute for the system to find all the sentences here's one : click on the word to see the context and copy the sentence return to your glossary editor and paste it click save.

The Conclusion

So, if you are in college or working already, and you have problems communicate field related words to you others, that’s how you solve the problem of not knowing certain words in English.

I hope that was useful to you and don't forget to click to subscribe and push the notification bell. Thanks for watching.

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 533

Total MP3 length: 04:55

Target structure count: 3

Error count: 0

Error density: 0%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Political glossary

Introduction